Vectric PhotoVCarve CNC Software
PhotoVCarve is a specialty program designed to convert photographs and images into tool paths that can be run on a CNC router or engraver.
PhotoVcarve can be used 3 different ways:
- V-Groove Machining - PhotoVCarve creates lines of grooves that vary in width and depth to represent the detail in a photograph or image. The quality of the finished result is very dependent upon the level of contrast between the material surface and the machined grooves. PhotoVCarve machines dark areas in a photograph with wider grooves and the lighter areas with narrower ones. The software automatically calculates the tool paths based on the cutter selected and maximum depth of groove required.
- 3D Lithopane Machining - PhotoVCarve is also perfect for machining 3D Lithophanes directly from photographs, and make perfect gifts, keepsakes and mementos that will last for generations. Lithophanes are 3D photographs that create black & white images by carving a translucent material at different thicknesses. The thicker an area is, the less light is transmitted and the darker that part of the image appears. When back-lit, Lithopanes can transform into stunning 3D pictures with depth and detail that cannot be seen in a flat 2D photograph.
- 3D Graycale Machining - The software can also be used to process specially created grey-scale height maps into simple 3D tool paths for carving.
(Note: All of the features of PhotoVCarve are included in Aspire. The photo-Vcarving and grayscale machining features are included in V-Carve Desktop and V-Carve Pro, but the Lithopane machining feature is not.)
For more detailed description of PhotoVCarves' features click HERE.
Note: Customers will receive an email containing the download link and license code directly from Vectric Ltd. Orders placed over the weekend or after business hours may require an additional business day or two for the code to arrive.
You can download a Free Trial version of the software from this page on the Vectric website: http://www.vectric.com/free-trial
Note: Vectric products are only supported on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP (SP3). They are not MAC compatible.
Additional Vectric software benefits:
- Vectric software licences can be loaded on to 3 different PC’s for a single user.
- Vectric offers free lifetime support for all their software.
- Vectric has probably the best user forum in the industry - an excellent resource for gaining and sharing knowledge with thousands of other Vectric users.
- Vectric products do not require any yearly maintenance fees.
- Vectric customers can upgrade to another Vectric product at anytime by just paying the difference in price between the two products.
- Vectric customers have access to ALL upgrades for that program FREE of charge for the first 12 months after purchase.
- Vectric customers outside of the 12-month auto upgrade period can evaluate the new features (with the free trial download) and decide if they want to pay to to a particular upgrade or not. If you wish to upgrade you just pay the standard upgrade cost for your specific program and this will enable you to jump to the latest release. There is no additional fee for skipping an earlier release.
- If you ever decide you no longer have a need for the software, Vectric will allow you to transfer your license to another user on payment of a small licence transfer fee.
Minimum System requirements:
- Operating System: WindowsXP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 10
- Processor: 1 GHz Pentium 4
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard Disk Space: 60 Mb Free disk space
- Graphics display: 1366 x 768 or higher
We Also Recommend