PrintDry Filament Dryer PRO (FREE SHIPPING)
*** Back in Stock***
The PrintDry DRYER PRO filament dryer is an ideal way to rejuvenate stale filament and keep your filament printing like new!
Often a new spool of filament will print very good when first removed from it's air tight package, but print quality can deteriorates after a few weeks/months (or hours/days with Nylon) in storage. Most 3D printing filaments (ABS, PLA, PETG, PETT, TPU, PC and especially Nylon) are hygroscopic materials, which have a strong affinity for moisture. Once removed from their original packaging, these filaments can readily begin to absorb moisture in the air. Even a small amount of moisture in the filament can cause streaks, bubbles, burning, brittleness, increased "stringing", and even a chemical reaction (hydrolysis) when the filament melts, passing through the heated nozzle. When this happens, the filament will make a popping/cracking/hissing sound and the 3D prints will have rough/grainy surface finish with reduced physical properties (less tensile and impact strength).
Storing printer filament in an air-tight container with desiccant can prevent moisture absorption (and is recommended), but will not do a good job at reversing it. The PrintDry filament dryers offer an easy and effective way to "pull" the moisture out of filaments. They can even be used an an in-line filament dryer to hold and dry the filament while the printer is printing. The PrintDry temperature settings are adjustable, and can be set from 95-167°F (35-75°C) to dry most common types of filament and can also be used to recharge desiccant packs for storage. The PrintDry Filament Dryers work great in combination with the PrintDry Vacuum Sealed Filament Storage Containers.
This dryer will pay for itself after rejuvenating just a few spools of filament!
- New and improved "double wall" construction for increased efficiency.
- Works with both 1.75mm and 3mm filaments.
- Fits 2 standard 1Kg spools of 3D printer filament.
- Multiple metal-lined filament exit holes to resist wear when printing filament straight from the dryer.
- Easily set the operating temperature with 5 presets (35ºC, 45ºC, 55ºC, 65ºC, and 75ºC)
- Built-in timer with a maximum time of up to 48 hours.
- Spool Dimensions: Accepts two filament spools up to 200mm (8") in diameter. (A large spool kit is available separately to fit spools up to 5kg and 300mm(12") in diameter. An additional chamber kit can also be purchased separately to add room for 2 additional 1KG spools)
- Spool Weight: Max. 2Kg (4.5 lbs)
- Outside Dimensions: 340mm (L) x 285mm (W) x 350mm (H)
- Warranty: Manufacturer's 12-month warranty
- ETL and CE/TUV listed