OpenBuilds LEAD CNC 1010 (40" x 40")
Make your dreams a reality with the LEAD CNC 3D Router! (assembly required)
The LEAD CNC 1010 a super strong, accurate and easy to assemble CNC machine. It gains its strength by incorporating a combination of C-Beam Linear Rail with dual XLarge C-Beam Ppates and full size Xtreme Solid V wheels. Like the Workbee and Sphinx designs, the OpenBuilds LEAD CNC design keeps the lead screws directed towards the outsides of the machine to reduce the likelihood of shavings contaminating them. It also uses only standard OpenBuilds parts and requires no custom cut gantry plates making expanding the machine easy and re-purposing any replaced parts more likely. It’s a great machine and we're sure you will love it!
Create beautiful intricate 3D carvings, inlays, amazing works of art and so much more. Start a business, make unique gifts for your friends & family and impress even yourself by becoming a 21st century digital carpenter. The time is now!
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 29" (730mm)
Y Axis 32" (810mm)
Z Axis 4" (~100mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||40" x 40" (1000mm x 500mm)|
|Workable Material Height||
2" ( ~47mm ). Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack
Can be upgraded to approximately 8"(`200mm) with the optional OpenBuilds High Z Upgrade kit.
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- Complete parts list
- We have our OpenBuilds CNC Bundles shipped to our customers directly from OpenBuilds' warehouse so that our customers always receive the most up to date versions of the kits and components!
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 1/2" (12mm), W 32" (820mm), L 40" (1020mm)
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 Router (or another suitable spindle/router and compatible mount)
- Assorted end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (Openbuilds has free control options available here).
Assembly Instructions and Videos:
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings
Attach a laser to your LEAD CNC and take your projects to the next level! (Sold separately through J Tech Photonics)
We Also Recommend