OpenBuilds MiniMill CNC
The OpenBuilds MiniMill (assembly required) was designed as a compact and sturdy 3-Axis CNC milling machine.
The MiniMill is based on the popular V-Slot® linear guide system and uses the stiffest C-Beam® rail for its linear actuators. The C-Beam® design incorporates a C-shaped profile and a lead screw based motion system, which gives added strength and functionality. It’s capable of producing amazing 3D projects as well as high precision intricate engravings. The OpenBuilds MiniMill is modular and based on opensource hardware and design plans making it easy to modify and configure the machine based on your own needs! With the correct end mills and settings, the MiniMill is capable of cutting and milling materials such as:
- Aluminum and other non-ferrous metals
- Oak and other hardwoods
- Any much more!
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 4.5" (120mm)
Y Axis 7" (180mm)
Z Axis 3" (~80mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||~22" x 16" (560mm x 406mm)|
|Workable Material Height||2" ( ~47mm ). Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack|
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- Complete parts list
- We have our OpenBuilds CNC Bundles shipped to our customers directly from OpenBuilds' warehouse so that our customers always receive the most up to date versions of the kits and components!
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 1/2" (13mm), W 5" (127mm), L 5" (127mm)
- (1) Suitable spindle/router. We recommend the new Router11 router. The Dewalt DWP611 router is also a very popular choice.
- Assorted end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (OpenBuilds has free control options available here).
We Also Recommend