OpenBuilds Sphinx 1050 (40" x 20") CNC
The OpenBuilds Sphinx (assembly required) is a super strong, accurate, and easy to assemble CNC machine.
The Sphinx's design takes advantage of the inside tracks of the C-Beam linear rail using Xtreme Mini Solid V-Wheels, and utilizes Xtreme Solid V wheels on the outside of the extrusions. This design keeps the lead screws directed towards the outsides of the machine to reduce the likelihood of shavings contaminating them or the V-wheels.
OpenBuilds.com member Kyo was the originator of this awesome open source design!
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 32.5" (883.5mm)
Y Axis 12.5" (325mm)
Z Axis 3.2" (~85mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||40" x 20" (1000mm x 500mm)|
|Workable Material Height||2.25” ( ~57mm ). Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack|
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 3/4" (19mm), W 36" (917mm), L 19.5" (500mm)
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 Router (or another suitable spindle/router and compatible mount)
- Assorted end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (Openbuilds has free control options available here).
Assembly Instructions and Videos:
OpenBuilds Sphinx NOTE: Although the original Sphinx and the OpenBuilds Sphinx may look similar the OpenBuilds Sphinx incorporates many changes that make it unique in its own way, so be sure to follow the OpenBuilds build videos for assembly.
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings
We Also Recommend