OpenBuilds LEAD CNC 1515 (60" x 60")
Make your dreams a reality with the LEAD 1515 CNC Router! (assembly required)
The LEAD CNC 1515 a super strong, accurate and easy to assemble CNC machine. It gains its strength by incorporating a combination of C-Beam Linear Rail with dual XLarge C-Beam Plates and full size Xtreme Solid V wheels. Like the Workbee and Sphinx designs, the OpenBuilds LEAD CNC design keeps the lead screws directed towards the outsides of the machine to reduce the likelihood of shavings contaminating them. It also uses only standard OpenBuilds parts and requires no custom cut gantry plates making expanding the machine easy and re-purposing any replaced parts more likely. It’s a great machine and we're sure you will love it!
The LEAD 1515's design features a new tensioning system for the X and Y axis LEAD screws to virtually eliminate "screw whip" that can occur when using 8mm LEAD screws on drives over 1000mm long. The LEAD 1515's X-Axis has also been stiffened through the incorporation of dual C-Beam Linear Rails to achieve even better accuracy. The LEAD 1515's larger cutting area make it possible to create large projects with 4’ x 4’ sheets of material and cut or 3D carve wood, plastics, aluminum, etc. to create big and beautiful intricate 3D carvings, inlays, furniture, signs, plaques, amazing works of art and so much more.
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 46" (1170mm)
Y Axis 49" (1250mm)
Z Axis 3.5" (~90mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||60" x 60" (1500mm x 1500mm)|
|Workable Material Height||
2.5" ( ~63mm ). Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- Complete parts list
- We have our OpenBuilds CNC Bundles shipped to our customers directly from OpenBuilds' warehouse so that our customers always receive the most up to date versions of the kits and components!
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (3) Spoiler Boards H 1/2" (12mm), W 16" (406mm), L 58" (1473mm) (these can be cut from a single 4'x8' panel of MDF or other suitable material available at your local hardware store.
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 Router (or another suitable spindle/router and compatible mount)
- Appropriate end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (Openbuilds has free control options available here).
Assembly Instructions and Videos:
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings
Attach a laser to your LEAD CNC and take your projects to the next level! (Sold separately through J Tech Photonics)
We Also Recommend