OpenBuilds Workbee 1010 (40" x 40") CNC
The Workbee (assembly required) is a super strong, accurate and easy to assemble CNC machine.
The Workbee design gains its strength by incorporating a combination of C-Beam Linear Rail with abundant use of the full size Xtreme Solid V wheels! The custom gantry plate design incorporates bolt patterns for use with either belt driven or lead screw driven set-ups on the X and/or Y axis which give you additional options if you decide to change the axis length in the future. It’s a great machine and we're sure you will love it!
The OpenBuilds Workbee is based on the open source Workbee CNC Machine design by Ryan Lock of UK-based Ooznest and has become a favorite on OpenBuilds with many different varieties and modifications shared.
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 32" (824mm)
Y Axis 30.5" (780mm)
Z Axis 4.5" (~122mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||40" x 40" (1000mm x 1000mm)|
|Workable Material Height||3.25” ( ~82mm ). Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack|
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 3/4" (19mm), W 34.25" (870mm), L 39.25" (996mm)
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 Router (or another suitable spindle/router and compatible mount)
- Assorted end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (Openbuilds has free control options available here).
Assembly Instructions and Videos:
- OpenBuilds Workbee 1010 NOTE: Although the original Workbee and the OpenBuilds Workbee may look similar the OpenBuilds Workbee incorporates some changes that make it unique in its own way so be sure to follow the OpenBuilds build videos for assembly.
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings
We Also Recommend