X-Large OpenBuilds C-Beam Machine
The X-Large C-Beam Machine (assembly required) gives you the ability to do plate making, sign making and more on a larger scale. The X-Large C-Beam machine comes with (optional) OpenBuilds' High Torque NEMA 23 motors and uses two stepper motors on the Y-Axis for handling larger heavier loads.
The X-large C-Beam® Machine is based on the popular V-Slot® linear guide system and uses the stiffest V-slot rail to date for its linear actuators. The C-Beam® design incorporates a C-shaped profile and a lead screw based motion system, which gives added strength and functionality. With the correct endmills and settings, the X-large C-Beam® Machine is capable of cutting and milling materials such as:
- Aluminum and other non-ferrous metals
- Oak and other hardwoods
- Any many many more!
The X-Large C-Beam Machine is modular and based on opensource hardware and design plans making it easy to modify and configure the machine based on your own needs!
X-Large C-Beam Machine Specs:
- Travel along the X-Axis is ~700mm (29.5")
- Travel along the Y-Axis is ~330mm (13")
- Travel along the Z-Axis is ~50mm (2") (Actual working depth is 1")
Additional Parts Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Driver Board - OpenBuilds recommends the Smoothieboard with DQ542MA drivers
- (1) 24V Power Supply
- (1) Bosch Colt Router Spindle
- Appropriate endmills and/or router bits
Assembly Instructions and videos
We Also Recommend