OpenBuilds C-Beam CNC Machine
***Current lead time for machine bundle orders to ship is 2-3 weeks ***
The C-Beam Machine® (assembly required) is a CNC machine designed to be suitable for cutting custom plates and other projects in harder materials.
The C-Beam® Machine is based on the popular V-Slot® linear guide system and uses OpenBuilds C-Beam®, the stiffest V-slot rail to date for its linear actuators. The C-Beam® design incorporates a C-shaped profile and a lead screw based motion system, which gives added strength and functionality. With the correct end mills and settings, the C-Beam® Machine is capable of cutting and milling materials such as:
- Aluminum and other non-ferrous metals
- Oak and other hardwoods
- Any much more!
The C-Beam machine is modular and based on opensource hardware and design plans, making it easy to modify and configure the machine based on your own needs!
|Travel (Work Area)||
X Axis 13.5" (350mm)
Y Axis 11" (280mm)
Z Axis 3.5" (~85mm)
|Overall Machine Base Footprint||21.5" x 20" (546mm x 500mm)|
|Workable Material Height||1.25" (~31mm) Based on a 1/2" spoiler board stack|
|Drive System:||Lead Screw Driven|
|Machine Accuracy||0.001"~0.003" (0.05mm~0.10mm)|
|Compatible materials for cutting/milling||Aluminum, Softwoods/Hardwoods, Acrylic/Plexi-glass, Delrin, HDPE, Foam, and more|
Bundle Includes (depending on options selected):
- Complete parts list
- We have our OpenBuilds CNC Bundles shipped to our customers directly from OpenBuilds' warehouse so that our customers always receive the most up to date versions of the kits and components!
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (1) BlackBox Motion Control System
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (4) High Torque NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
Other Items Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 1/2" (13mm), W 12" (304mm), L 12" (304mm)
- (1) Suitable spindle/router. We recommend the new Router11 router. The Dewalt DWP611 router is also a very popular choice.
- Assorted end mills/router bits
- Appropriate control software (OpenBuilds has free control options available here).
Assembly Instructions and Videos:
Attach a laser to your LEAD CNC and take your projects to the next level! (Sold separately through J Tech Photonics)